Professional Teeth Whitening: The Process Explained
When you notice your smile is less than dazzling and white, you want to make a change, and have your teeth whitened. The best solution to your problem is to have your teeth professionally whitened by a teeth whitening dentist. The highly-trained staff at Rose Dental in Nashua, NH are ready to brighten your teeth and make you proud to show your smile to the world.
Rose Dental is conveniently located in Nashua, NH with accessible office space to suit your needs. Our professional team can offer you the benefit of our years of experience and training to whiten your teeth and take care of any other dental concerns you may have. We strive to be the best in business and will work hard to be your dentist in Nashua. Keep reading to learn more about the teeth whitening process.
What Are The Methods Used In Our Office?
We use two types of peroxide whitening products: carbamide peroxide and hydrogen peroxide.
- Carbamide Peroxide combines both carbamide and hydrogen peroxide to work as an oxidizing agent to safely remove stains from your teeth by targeting the stain molecules and not the teeth.
- Hydrogen Peroxide tends to work quicker than carbamide peroxide but addresses your teeth stains the same way, via oxygen molecules that effectively erase stains from your teeth instead of damaging the teeth themselves.
Both of these products can be safely applied and administered by a trained dental provider.
What Are the Steps in the Teeth Whitening Process?
Teeth whitening is a simple and straightforward process that your dentist can provide easily in their office. The general steps are as follows:
- The dentist will discuss expectations regarding the optimal outcome for the shade of your teeth. You can look over a tooth shade chart for reference.
- A pumice tool will be used to gently polish your teeth and remove any visible plaque and stains.
- A barrier or retractor will be placed in your mouth to separate your soft tissues from coming into contact with the whitening agent. Gauze will be applied as a means of keeping your teeth dry before applying the solution.
- Either hydrogen carbamide or hydrogen peroxide will be applied by your dentist. The agent is left on for approximately one hour, during which time a light activation method will be utilized.
- Reapplication of the selected whitening agent will happen at this stage in the process.
- After the process is complete, your teeth and mouth will be rinsed. Fluoride is usually applied at this point to decrease sensitivity and protect your teeth.
- Once the steps are finished, you and your dentist will look over the results. If you feel that further whitening is in order, another appointment will be scheduled. This is not uncommon, depending on how much staining there was at the beginning of the process.
- Finally, your dentist will advise you on the best practices for how to maintain your beautiful smile.
Contact Rose Dental in Nashua Today
If you would like to learn more about our team of experts at Rose Dental in Nashua, NH please contact our staff. We are here to help you achieve the smile you have always wanted. Our caring professionals will answer any questions you may have about the professional teeth whitening process and guide you every step of the way. Get in touch with us today to schedule an appointment with a teeth whitening dentist for a bright and beautiful smile. You will be happy you did.